Nepali Movies

It has been long since I have left watching Nepali films. I have been getting satisfied by watching the Fim previews itself.I feel that i have to watch nepali films for promoting Nepali film industry and Nepali culture at large.But what stops me from converting my feeling into action is the rendering of culture in Nepali films.

I came to watch a film preview of a film named -(i forgot)in which a fighting heroine (i suppose) speaks a dialogue..."oi ek kadam pani agadi badhis bhane, aama ko bihe dekhlas"...that is "Hey, if you move even a step closer, you will see your mother's marriage".This statement is a modification of a often used dialogue 'oi nihu khojis bhane baau ko bihe dekhlas...you will see your father's marriage if you try to fight with me".

This is what prevents me from watching Nepali fims. There are reasons for me to watch movies, the foremost reason is for getting refreshed and entertained.Then comes the ethical wishes such as learning the culture, knowing the world,etc.If I do not get entertainment, why would I watch the Nepali films..for passing time?

No.because in that I will watch Hollywood and bollywood movies which are comparatively better than the spicy Nepali movies in terms of film-story, actings, video quality etc.

Yes there have been production of some quality movies like "Balidaan", "Caravan", "Numaphung", "Kagbeni"; also some earlier movies such as "Samjhana", "Kusume Rumal","Chino","Dakshina" were good for their classical storyline which matched the contemporary society of that time.I watched those older fims and the present advaced films both in Cinemahall and Cable-TV.And when I spesak of boosting the morale, professionalisation and industrialization of Nepali movies, I am actually speaking on behalf of these sort of movies from which I got both entertained and informed.
So, I prefer to watch films of good quality which depicts the contemporary issues and which renders useful information; but not the current in ehich some people dressed like Jokers dance in the middle of New-Road and sing songs with music in the background while there is no musical instrument playing seen around.

So, my suggestion to Nepali film makers is that please do not make films that will in word represent the nation but in reality spoiling national norms, values, culture, society and the people's aspirations.It will be a wate of both time and money; and the deviation of human mind from Creation to unwanted copying and unliked producing.

No comments:

Post a Comment